Wednesday, January 3, 2007

'A guid New Year to ain and all!'

Well here we are in 2007 or 007 as I like to see it. Good movie by the way, just like the early ones with big Tam Connery playing Bond.

Well the tree's oot the back, the decorations all restored to their summer resting place and no doubt after I vacuum for the umpteenth time, I will finally sook up the last of the pine needles hiding in the carpet, waiting to stab an unwary bare toe. I have made no resolutions, no point, I never keep them but I have a cunning plan. Starting today, I will walk more, eat less, suffer withdrawal symptons from cutting back on TV, oh which reminds me, CBC have cancelled 'Emmerdale' and there are apparently at least 310 irrate fans across Canada now protesting it's loss. Petitions have been signed! E-mails sent! Of course no attention will be paid to us. They want more 'Canadian content' whatever that means. However, their latest new show starting next week is "Little Mosque on the Prairie". 'Nuff said.

Now where was I, oh no resolutions just a plan to lose 10lbs by April. Watch this space for my progress report! Meantime, I'm off to mind the grandbairns for a wee while.

3 comments:

DirkStar said...

Little mosque on the prairie?

Oh no, you did not just go there!

FUNNY!

instant gratification girl said...

Little mosque on the prairie! snort! lol Anika swears that the Disney castle is in East Van just off boundary.....yeah Disney castle....complete with onion domes!

PJ said...

Wee Little Mosque on the PRairie!!! LOL

And I was complaining about un-American (or un-Canadian, un-English, take your pick!) shopping habits in L.A.!!

'Tis a different world we be livin' in. Me gramma would turn over in her grave!